Phi Kappa Psi (ΦΚΨ, nickname-Phi Psi) was founded at Jefferson College in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania on February 19, 1852.
- We over 100 have active chapters and colonies across the country
- Phi Kappa Psi has grown in undergraduate numbers every year, but one, since 1998!
- 112,796 men have been initiated into Phi Kappa Psi since its founding.
- Currently, we have 69,000+ active alumni living in 50 states and over 30 countries
- Phi Kappa Psi’s national headquarters (Laurel Hall) is by far the finest of any fraternity. This mansion in Indianapolis, Indiana was acquired by Phi Kappa Psi a few years ago. This is where support from National is based and the Foundation’s Alumni outreach is conducted. It is also open to any brother around the country to visit and see the Archives. Phi Kappa Psi’s national organization has a President, VP, Treasurer and Secretary who are alumni in the Executive Council. However, voting control of the fraternity is with undergraduate members of the Executive Council- called Archons. There are 6 Archons who represent districts of the US. GW Phi Psi is fortunate to currently have an Archon as a chapter brother.
- Phi Kappa Psi has one of the strongest programs in measuring chapter success. Chapters must fill out an application detailing their work in achieving success in 11 criteria for being a strong chapter (Ritual, Scholarship, Membership Recruitment, Campus & Community Involvement, Chapter Operations, Fraternity Education, Financial Management, Alumni Relations, Alumni Corporation & Housing, Risk Management and Code of Conduct)
- The DC Alpha Chapter is Accredited
- 53% of all chapters (52 total) were accredited (showing excellence in at least 8 of 11 criteria).
Alumni & Networking
- The Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity is committed to bettering individuals in order to improve society. To that end, we strive to provide undergraduate members with the opportunity to get as much out of their campus experience as possible, while working within their chapters to effect change in their communities. Over 70,000 alumni provide a foundation of support for our undergraduates and are able to band together as Phi Psis through Alumni Associations across the nation.
- There are currently 43 active alumni associations across the country
- Each alumni association operates differently, but the goal is the same: to spread the values of Phi Kappa Psi and brotherhood to all reaches of the country, through many ways.
- Our new national website has launched at www.phikappapsi.com. In addition to the facelift on the front and supporting pages, there is a new social network that all members can join to connect with other brothers, create interest groups and share resources. The link to this network can be found off the front page of the new site. If they are looking for professional networking, there are groups of Phi Psi brothers connecting virtually through a number of sites, mostly on www.LinkedIn.com. There are Phi Psi groups on that website looking to help brothers in job searches and beyond.
With a chapter alumni base of over 500 and growing, and one of the largest national almuni bases in the nation at over 104,000, the alumni benefits of Phi Psi are extensive.
General Billy Mitchell, Medal of Honor recipient and founder of the United States Air Force was a member of our chapter. Chapter alumni are well invested in the chapter and continue to support our endeavors. Alumnus Aaron Brachman has helped immensely in providing support for brothers about to enter the job market. Numerous DC Alpha and other chapter alumnae live and work in the DC area and are always available to provide support to active Brothers.
Some of our chapter alumni have been known to provide exclusive internships and jobs at top financial firms, political consulting firms, on Capitol Hill, and in The White House.
Endowment Fund & Support
The Endowment Fund of Phi Kappa Psi is the largest of all American fraternities. It was formed “to aid, encourage, promote and contribute to the education and scholastic attainments” of Phi Psis and other students across the nation.
The Phi Kappa Psi Foundation is also something to be very proud of, with over $32 million in total assets. It helps support all chapter scholarship funds and provides the financial backing for many of the great Phi Psi programs, such as PLA, WWLS, the Consultant program and many others.
The Fund provides funds for a variety of programs and services which assist college students in meeting their educational objectives through scholarships, grants, fellowships and assistantships, while promoting learning, high ethical standards and constructive citizenship.
The mission is to foster the development of leaders and to promote academic excellence in higher education. The Foundation provides funds for a variety of programs and services which directly affect undergraduates and their chapters, campuses and communities.
The Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity is an association of men of integrity who strive to develop the individual in his intellect, in his involvement in the community, and in his faith. Recognizing and valuing the diversity of all, the Fraternity unites the principals and traditions of our past with the resources and creativity of our present to provide an environment in which our members can realize their highest potential. To this end, we offer a lifelong experience, guided by our faith in a power greater than ourselves, in contributing to the betterment of both the individual and the community.